Benefits of Membership
- Continuing Education (CE) credits via Chapter Meeting Trainings and CAMFT presentations including Law & Ethics, Suicide Assessment & Prevention, and the newly required 3-hour mental health services provided via Telehealth.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) for small group interactions and a deep dive into a topic. Current and past SIGs include: Sandplay, Private Practice, Insurance, and EMDR therapy. SIGs are member-led groups.
- Advertising on our chapter website regarding groups, trainings, office space rentals, and internship/associate opportunities.
- Community and connection with colleagues through newsletters from the chapter and CAMFT, monthly chapter meetings, networking events, and SIGs.
- Professional development in terms of therapeutic approach, specialized client populations, and a leadership track via our state professional organization, CAMFT.
- Resources including referrals, groups, sponsors, and other community organizations for client support.
- Access to BBS news, updates, changes, and the licensing process.
- Future focused advocacy for our profession in terms of allowing LMFTS to become providers for Medicare, expand jobs within the VA, and other legislative bills.
- Team 3000 - A specialized focus for pre-licensed members to support their learning, identification of internship/associate opportunities, networking with licensed colleagues who can provide support and perspective in the field.