Speaker: Gail D. Gerbie, LMFT
Sponsor: Center for Discovery
This presentation will help attendees understand the practical differences between Sandplay, Sand Tray, and Symbolic Imagery and ways of including sand and miniatures in clinical practice. The speaker will include examples and an experiential exercise.
Gail is a Sandplay Practitioner, Candidate for STA Certification and a Sandplay Therapists of America Regional Representative. In Private Practice in Escondido, Gail’s practice is focused on working with teens and adults who are dealing with profound loss, grief, and significant life changes.
Goals and Objectives
- Teach the clinical importance & methods of providing “a safe & protected space” for the client when using sand and miniatures.
- Through an experiential exercise, gain a personal understanding of the use and power of miniatures.
- Attendees will be able to describe the difference between the use of a sand tray as a therapeutic tool vs. a formal Sandplay process.
- Attendees will understand the importance & methods for providing “safe & protected space” for clients who are using miniatures with or without sand.
- Attendees will leave with having had a personal experience of using miniatures and a sense of the power of symbolic language.
Pre-registration is required.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Licensed and Pre-licensed clinicians and educators.
This course meets the qualifications for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. SDNC-CAMFT CEP#128622
SDNC-CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. CEP#128622. SDNC-CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Additional Meeting Information
New Venue Directions